Some of the Services We Provide
DEATH & SERIOUS ILLNESS NOTIFICATIONS
Chaplains accompany Sheriff’s Deputies, as well as Officers from other Departments in and around Hamilton County, when making death notifications and serious illness notifications.
CHURCH SERVICES & BIBLE STUDIES
Chaplains, often with the help of our many volunteers, provide Bible Studies, Church Services, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Meetings and a host of Inmate services to men, women and juveniles in the Hamilton County Detention Center and Hamilton County Community Corrections (Work Release).
SPIRITUAL & FAMILY SUPPORT FOR OFFICERS
Chaplain’s ride-along with Sheriff’s Deputies, and are available to Officers, Corrections Officers, 9-1-1 Dispatchers and their families. Chaplains are trained in Critical Incident Stress Management, Victim’s Assistance as well as spiritual and family counseling services.
STRESS MANAGEMENT DEFUSING & DEBRIEFINGS
Hamilton County Sheriff Chaplains are trained in Critical Incident Stress Management to provide Officers and Staff with Critical Incident Defusing and Debriefings after a traumatic incident.
RECOVERY PROGRAMS TO JAIL AND WORK RELEASE RESIDENTS
The Chaplaincy, with the help of our many volunteers, provide programs like, Alcoholics Anonomous, Narcotics Anonymous, Overcomers and other programs to help people in thier recovery process.
APPROVE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
Whenever an inmate requests a special dietary tray, particularly for religious purposes, the Chaplain’s Office will evaluate and research the request to assure they receive the proper meals to meet their religious requirements.
In May, 2018, we baptized 27 women and 18 men. This represented over 10% of the jail population at the time..
DETAILS OF WHAT WE DO AS A CHAPLAINCY:
CHAPLAIN’S DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
CHAPLAIN’S OTHER DUTIES
Chaplains are called for Death Notifications in Hamilton County
- Fatal accident notification
- Accidents involving multiple deaths
All critical accidents/crime scene involving death or Extreme injury
- Any shooting incident involving department personnel
- Any accident involving departmental personnel that are injured or killed
- SIDS deaths occurs
- Homicide / Unattended Death
Religious – Bible Study, Worship Services, (Catholic and Protestant)
- Narcotic Anonymous
- Woman Survival Skills
- Christian Intervention Programs
- Oversee and Train All Volunteers for the Jail and Juvenile Center
- Counseling officers
Marital, stress, spiritual problems
- Counseling civilian
Domestic and Grief counseling
- Counseling inmates
Both personal and drug related
- Oversee Pastor Visitation
Approval Pastor’s eligibility
Verification of credentials
- Chaplain’s Teach Officers Classes On
Techniques In Death Notification
Coping With Death In Law Enforcement
Stress Management In Law Enforcement
- Visit Injured Personnel
Find help to get them out of town
- Transition Vision
- Interview inmates that have been incarcerated for thirty days or more
- Determine if they have a place to go, transportation, job, etc.
- Help Jail and/or DOC – Released to find
Housing Transportation Jobs
- CISM – Critical Incident Stress Management
- Dietary Regulations for inmates with Religious requirements
- Community Representative for the Department
Find help for through: Good Samaritan Red Cross St. Vincent DePaul